Join Our Team
Do you want to make a difference? Thanks to the tireless efforts of our dedicated staff, more pulmonary fibrosis research is being funded and more people are aware of the disease.
The Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation strives to create an atmosphere that draws talented, motivated, passionate, and results-driven individuals who are able to adapt to a rapidly changing and fast-paced environment.
For questions or to submit your resume, please contact Mary Kiener, Senior Director, Human Resources and Administration at email@example.com.
TITLE: Budget and Compliance Analyst
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP –VP, Finance
JOB LOCATION: Chicago, IL
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Minimal
PRIMARY ROLE: The duties of this position include preparing the annual budget and periodic budget to actual results and analyses and meeting with all levels of management to review results. This role is also responsible for the successful performance of financial functions related to the collection and maintenance of financial data while ensuring that financial records are maintained in compliance with lawful and accepted procedures and policies, analyzing financial data to resolve certain discrepancies and irregularities, and presentation of the Foundation’s financial operations. This position works collaboratively with the Finance Team and serves as the lead staff member on grant awards, interacting with the Programs, Research, Development, and Corporate Partnership departments as needed.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES I DUTIES:
- Coordinate and prepare annual operating and capital budgets; reforecast as needed.
- Prepare monthly budget to actual analyses; meet with management to review results.
- Monitor recording of contributions, grants and invoices; ensure compliance with IRS and US GAAP requirements.
- Collect, record, analyze and present accurate financial information for the Foundation while maintaining compliance with lawful and accepted procedures and policies.
- Implement process and automation improvements to ensure the most effective and efficient operations.
- Assist with preparation of year-end audit work papers.
- Grant Post-Award Compliance Management
- Grants to PFF:
- Ensure all PFF-required information is in grant management system. Create template reports for monthly reporting to grant managers.
- Understand status of deliverables and stewardship reports which are created by respective departments and inform management of status.
- Ensure compliance with grant limitations or constraints.
- Help calculate and inform coding for expenses and revenue related to grant and calculate revenue recognition.
- Grants from PFF:
- Review proper recipient information is entered in grant management systems.
- Ensure receipt of deliverables and approval prior to processing payment.
- Create template reports for monthly reporting to grant managers and management.
- Grants to PFF:
- Manage preparation of annual Form 990.
- Compile financial data from multiple sources, such as accounting, public sources or funders and analyze data to produce business information used to support decisions.
- Create ad hoc reports for management and the board of directors as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Minimum of three (3) years accounting experience (budget and non-profit preferred)
- CPA (preferred)
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other similar programs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
- Ability to analyze financial data and effectively prepare reports and financial statements.
- Ability to work well independently on tight deadlines and handle multiple simultaneous tasks and adjust to changing circumstances.
- Ability to professionally interact with all staff, board members, volunteers, and donors.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Abila MIP and DrillPoint non-profit accounting software a plus.
Development Manager, PFF Walk
Reports to: Director, Development and Special Events
The Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation is seeking a creative, dynamic, and innovative Development Manager to act as a key contributor to the PFF events team. The role will focus on donor development and event management of the PFF Walk program.
Launched in 2017, the PFF Walk is a growing program for the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation and this role has the unique opportunity to support the strategy, development, and continued expansion plan of this focus area. In tandem with the Vice President, Development, and the Director, Development & Special Events, the Development Manager will be tasked with raising $1,030,000 in annual revenue through six physical walks and an interactive virtual program, cultivating meaningful relationships with a comprehensive portfolio of team leaders, individual walkers, and volunteers, and overseeing the event design and management of each walk-site.
We’re looking for a Manager who:
- Thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Considers themselves a big picture thinker but still executes the small details with precision
- Possess a high degree of creativity, energy, and initiative and acts as a self-starter
- Prides oneself on being donor-centric and customer service oriented
- Adheres to strong professional ethics and integrity
- Embraces “other duties as assigned”
We need your expertise to:
- Forge strong relationships with peer-to-peer fundraisers that results in $1,030,000 in gross revenue for the PFF Walk
- Work collectively with the Vice President, Development Director, Development Manager, & Special Events to define and execute cultivation, stewardship, solicitation/upgrade, and retention/conversion strategies for the team leaders, fundraisers, and donors within the events pipeline. The individual focus will be on event leaders and fundraisers with the Walk program under the $10,000 threshold
- Oversee event management and execution of assigned PFF Walk sites. The manager will work closely with event production companies and will support logistics as needed
- Collaborate with the Development Manager, Marketing & Communications to develop overall marketing and communications strategy for the PFF Walk program. Write, edit, and produce e-communications and promotional pieces as needed.
- Reimagine fundraising resources and “how-to” guides to set team leaders and walkers up for success
- Act as a liaison between the PFF programs team to build and cultivate relationships with PFF Ambassadors, and Support Group Leaders
- Function as the secondary point of contact for Broadway Belts for PFF! as well as community events and work closely with the rest of the development team to meet the needs of the department
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Two to four years of successful fundraising and event management (or similar) experience
- Understanding of fundraising best practices and proven track record in revenue procurement
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written) necessary to communicate diplomatically and effectively with volunteers, donors, and other staff members
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Comfort with standard fundraising technology including CRMs, and online donors platforms (Donor Perfect experience a plus)
- Ability to lift 50lbs and assist in set-up/tear-down of event equipment
- Must be able to travel around the country as necessary
- Must have a valid driver’s license
The Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
DIRECTOR, DEVELOPMENT & SPECIAL EVENTS
REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT, DEVELOPMENT
The Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation is seeking a creative, dynamic, and innovative Director of Development & Special Events to join the development leadership team. This role is accountable for the strategy, direction, and revenue growth of the PFF events portfolio which includes our signature gala (Broadway Belts for PFF!) a robust community events program (Team PFF), and an evolving walk program with six physical locations and an interactive virtual opportunity.
The Director of Development & Special Events will manage a team of two Managers and will work closely with the rest of the development team, senior leadership, the Board, and a network of nationwide volunteers.
A strategic, solutions-oriented mindset is key to success in this role as you’ll be tasked with building and implementing effective strategies that lead to beneficial long-term relationships, a comprehensive pipeline of donors, and significant revenue growth that fuels all avenues of our mission.
We’re looking for a Director who:
Thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, environment with rapidly changing priorities
Considers themselves a big picture thinker but still executes the small details with precision
Possess a high degree of creativity, energy, initiative, and innovation to define strategy
Prides oneself on being donor-centric and customer service oriented
Adheres to strong professional ethics and integrity
Embraces “other duties as assigned”
We need your expertise to:
Generate $1.725 million dollars in revenue collectively through Broadway Belts for PFF!, Team PFF, and the PFF Walk
Oversee and direct the events team of two Development Managers
Design and implement a strategic growth plan that supports a 10% annual increase in year over year event revenue
Continue to grow the PFF Walk program and, in partnership with the Vice President, determine the strategy and design of the next phase of expansion
Work collectively with the Development Managers and Vice President to define and execute cultivation, stewardship, solicitation/upgrade, and retention/conversion strategies for the team leaders, fundraisers, and donors within the events pipeline. The individual focus will be on key donors and event leaders with the potential to raise $10,000.
Provide general oversight of the events portfolio including budget development & maintenance, overall event management, ensuring best practices to maintain data integrity, and continuing to improve the systems and processes associated with moves management
Maintain established department/policies, procedures, directives, quality assurance, and safety appropriate to this position
Bachelor’s Degree Required
At least 3-5 years of experience in fundraising, development, special events, or similar Preferred 6 + years.
At least two years of direct management experience required.
Comprehensive understanding of fundraising principles, best practices, peer-to-peer strategy, special event management, and proven track record in revenue growth
Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written) necessary to communicate diplomatically and effectively with volunteers, donors, and other staff members, and to provide information requiring courtesy, tact, and confidentiality
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Google applications, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Comfort with standard fundraising technology including CRMs, and online donor platforms (Donor Perfect experience a plus)
Ability to lift 50lbs and assist in set-up/tear-down of event equipment
Must be able to travel around the country as necessary
Must have a valid driver’s license
The Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.