This is a hybrid role with the ability to work remotely up to 75% of the time.
The Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation is seeking a motivated, flexible self-starter to act as the Coordinator of Special Events - a key contributor of the PFF events team. The role will focus on event production, logistics, and donor relations as it relates to the PFF events portfolio.
In tandem with the Director, Development & Special Events, and the Development Managers, the Coordinator will be tasked with the event production and logistical management of the PFF Walk, Broadway Belts for PFF! (gala) and Team PFF (community events).
We’re looking for a Coordinator who:
- Thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Pays close attention to details and executes them with precision
- Can quickly problem-solve and come up with alternatives when issues arise
- Possess a high degree of creativity, energy, initiative and acts as a self-starter
- Prides themselves on being donor-centric and customer service oriented
- Adheres to strong professional ethics and integrity
- Embraces “other duties as assigned”
We need your expertise to:
- Support the overall event management of the PFF Walk program, Broadway Belts for PFF! and Team PFF. Responsibilities include event logistics, registration, attendee tracking, volunteer & vendor management, presentation and materials support, and pre-and post-event evaluations
- Evaluate and respond to leads associated to peer-to-peer fundraising events in a timely manner and work closely with the Development Mangers to assign prospects to the appropriate portfolios. Catalog the prospect and associated contact in the donor database and manage follow-ups for event leaders within the assigned portfolio.
- Assist development team in managing event budgets and closely track and monitor expenses, revenue, ticket sales and sponsorships in conjunction with the Finance and Data Departments
- Act as the primary point of contact for fundraising questions as it pertains to Qgiv (peer-to-peer fundraising platform) and support donors in building their pages.
- Responsible for the PFF Walk incentive program including determining fundraising levels & prizes, managing the ordering process, and mailing to fundraisers.
- Perform administrative tasks for assigned events including coordinating all mailings, packing event supplies, maintaining incentive prize inventory, and supporting data entry as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- One to three years of fundraising, event management, or similar experience which may include internships or volunteer work.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and stayed organized to ensure timely and accurate work
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written) necessary to communicate diplomatically and effectively with volunteers, donors and other staff members
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Comfort with standard fundraising technology including CRMs, and online donors platforms (Donor Perfect experience a plus)
- Ability to lift 50lbs and assist in set-up/tear down of event equipment
- Must be able to travel around the country as necessary
- Must have valid driver’s license
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt Position
Reports To: Vice President, Development (interim) / Director, Development & Special Events
The Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary, opportunity for annual merit increase, and comprehensive benefits package. Employees are required to submit their vaccination status upon hire.
Travel (including overnights and weekends) is required for this role to effectively build relationships, support key PFF events and grow support for the Foundation nationally.