- PFF Summit 2021
- November 8-13, 2021 – Virtual: MedscapeLive
- Jointly provided by Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation
This activity is intended for physicians, physician’s assistants, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, and registered nurses engaged in the care of patients with pulmonary fibrosis.
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Explain the pathophysiology of IPF based on the most current data
- Accurately diagnose IPF using a systematic approach
- Effectively implement key diagnostic procedures including HRCT scanning and surgical lung biopsy
- Discuss recent evidence for treatments in the management of IPF/ILD and for those post COVID-19
- Recognize genetic components of IPF
- Describe the role of lung transplantation in IPF, and the factors that affect candidacy and timing
- Provide patient lifestyle management tools which improve functional status
View the PFF Summit 2021 faculty.
View the PFF Summit 2021 program.
Joint Accreditation Statement
of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council
for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physician Continuing Medical Education
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 20.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 20.5 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Please note, MOC credit is reported on a monthly basis. To claim and receive MOC credits, learners must provide:
- ABIM ID number
- First and last name
- Degree and specialty
- DOB (MMDD)
- Activity completion date
Continuing Nursing Education
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 20.5 contact hours.
Continuing Respiratory Care Education (CRCE)
Application pending. This program has been submitted for approval for 20.5 contact hours. Continuing Respiratory Care Education (CRCE) credit by the American Association for Respiratory Care, 9425, N. MacArthur Blvd, Suite 100, Irving TX 75063.
Continuing Pharmacy Education
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this continuing education activity for 20.5 contact hour(s) (0.20.5 CEUs) of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
(Universal Activity Number - TBD)
Type of Activity: Application
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) requires faculty, planners, and others in control of educational content to disclose all their financial relationships with ineligible companies. All identified conflicts of interest (COI) are thoroughly vetted and mitigated according to PIM policy. The existence or absence of COI for everyone in a position to control educational content will be disclosed to participants prior to the start of each activity.
There is no fee for this educational activity.
Method of Participation and Request for Credit
In order to obtain your CE certificate, please follow the steps below at the conclusion of the activity:
- Go to www.cmeuniversity.com.
- Login or Create a New Account (will take less than 1 minute). If you receive a message when creating a new account that “the email you entered is already in use,” please click the Forgot my Username or Password link to have your Username and Password sent to you via email.
- After logging in, you may be asked to verify/update your information; after doing so, click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Type in 16389 at the top of the page, “Find Post-Test/Evaluation by Course”, and click enter.
- Click on the activity title when it appears.
- Choose the type of credit you desire.
- (If applicable) Complete the Post-test with a passing score of 75% or better.
- Complete the online Evaluation.
- Receive an immediate CE Certificate to download and/or print for your files.
If you have questions regarding the certification of this activity, please contact PIM via email at email@example.com.